Monday, January 25, 2010

Trip to Calgary

We made a quick trip to Calgary yesterday to visit with Ed's Mom and Dad. They are there looking after my niece and nephew while Ed's sister Michelle is in Cuba on week vacation.

It was great to see them as it has been since Thanksgiving since we have seen them. They were amazed at how much the kids have grown, how long Isla's hair is and how dark it is.

I am quietly a bit relieved that one of my children might actually end up with dark hair like me. I have thought that there was a bit of hope with Isla as her eyebrows and eyelashes are darker than Adam's so I am always a bit thrilled when someone talks about her hair getting darker. When Isla was little her favourite Disney Princess was Belle. When I asked her why she told me it was because she has brown hair like you mom. Now is that not one of the sweetest things ever! I love her!

Talking to Michelle before her trip brought back lots of memories of Ed and I's trip to Cuba on our honeymoon, 10 years ago. Can you believe it, we have been married for almost 10 years! I have to admit that both Ed and I were feeling a bit envious about a kid free trip to Cuba. I am sure that our time will come again and I am trying not to wish this time away. It won't be long and we will not be the center of our children's universe and I need to hang on to these moments! We have been talking about going to Vegas in November to celebrate our anniversary so hopefully we can make that all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment