Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sick Child


I have been at home yesterday and today with Adam. Poor little guy woke up yesterday and had no appetite for a blueberry muffin when he only had two bites I knew it was serious. My son has such a sweet tooth and loves my blueberry muffins so if he didn't want it then he really was feeling yucky! As the day went on he got worse and I was suspecting a bladder infection but a quick trip to the doctor's office (it was quick because I managed to get in to the new doctor at our clinic and didn't have to go to the walk in.) let us know that yes he has a bug but no infection. So we are just waiting it out with Tylenol, Advil, Gingerale, toast and jam and lots of Teletoon. Today seems to be better, he is playing Wii and eating a blueberry muffin as we speak.


I hate it when the kids are sick, I get myself all tied up in knots and full of anxiety. I am not sure why but probably has something to do with my puke phobia. I will even go and sleep in the spare room so that I am not listening for them all night long and I can actually get some sleep. I know I am high maintenance and I am very lucky for an understanding husband!


As I catch snippets of Haiti in the media it sure makes me think about how grateful I am that I can look after my sick child. I think of all of those mothers who have lost children or are losing them as they watch helplessly. It humbles me.

No comments:

Post a Comment