Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cooking

Most of you know that I love to cook, cookbooks and trying new things. This new schedule that I have has allowed me more time to be able to do this and I am taking full advantage of it! Not to say that we don't have KD and sausages for supper a couple of times a month but that is more because we all like it than for lack of time. Ha ha!

I will post some of the recipes that I have tried recently and what the reaction has been from my family.

So I have always loved the idea of home made bread but I have always found it a bit daunting. You know the whole yeast thing, kneading, punching down etc, etc. So when I saw this recipe I thought that it was much more my speed! It does take some time though, not much active time but more the letting it rise, making a loaf then letting it rest, preheating the cookwear and then baking. It has taken a bit of juggling and if I do it on a week night it means fresh bread in the evening ready for breakfast in the morning. But we all really like it, especially Ed! But he just loves bread so it was hard to mess it up in his eyes. Having said that, I made some Cheesy Beer Bread a couple of weeks ago that I thought would be a definite winner but none of them were really excited about it. So I won't bother posting that recipe.

This is from one of the blogs that I follow and I have made lots of her recipes and almost all of them have been hits!


Fantastic Fearless Five-Minute Bread Blog Disney Family.com

So I hope that if you have ever wanted to try bread that you might give this a whirl. Enjoy!

Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment