Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goodbye

How do you say good bye to a little boy who has grown in to a young man.  I knew Logan when he was a little boy, I only every really knew him as Loggy.  I worked with his mom and we became friends, I spent time with the family and babysat the boys and helped them out through a difficult time.  They were a big part of my life through my early twenties, and somehow as friendships do we drifted apart. 

Today at the funeral looking at all of his pictures I was struck by how much life he had lived.  Do you remember what it was like to be 17?  I do, how tragic that his end came so soon.  His first love spoke, how terribly sad, their feelings so real, so pure, so right.

I can only think about what this means to his mom in little bits,  it is just to painful to really think about it too much.  As a mother I can not even get close to knowing the depth of what she must be going through. 

How will his family ever continue on?  I hope that they will pray, I hope that they will know that God will get them through, I hope that they will take some comfort in Gods words.  I hope that they will lean on each other, I hope that they will continue to celebrate his life.  I hope that I will run in to Tammy one day in the future so that I can tell her all of the things that I remember about Loggy, so that she knows that he is not gone and that he truly does dwell in all of our hearts because we remember him.

No comments:

Post a Comment