Saturday, May 15, 2010

Homemade Oreo Cookies

IMG_3827

It came!  Isn’t it beautiful.  I needed to use it, you know what I mean I really needed to be able to use it!  So I tried out this recipe for Homemade Oreo Cookies.  They are so good!  Beware they are irresistible (except if you are Isla, she is not a big fan).  I made them to take to the kids piano recitals this week but I will have to make something else for Adam’s as they are disappearing too quickly.  I got this from my friend Jen.

IMG_3822

Homemade Oreo Cookies 

2 packages Duncan Hines Devilled Food Cake mix

4 eggs

2/3 cup oil

Mix cookie ingredients until dough is stiff.  Roll into balls (size of large marbles I started out this size but they quickly became larger and now we have a big assortment of sizes just made matching them up a bit more of a puzzle) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake @ 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes (be careful-these burn easily)

Icing ingredients

1 package cream cheese            2/3 cup icing sugar

1 tsp vanilla                              1/2 cup butter

Cool completely, then mix icing (food colouring optional)  Spread an even, thick layer of icing between two cookies.  Allow to sit 1-2 hours before storing.  (they get quite soft when stored although that is not a bad, they may stick together if not left to sit.)

These freeze well if you can get them away from your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment