Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spruce Grove here we come!

 

For a friend’s birthday last week we went for a steam and out for a tea after.  We were all catching up and talking about future plans, she was on her way to Hawaii and then she is only home for a short time and then her family are going to Victoria for a visit as well.  When she asked if I had any holidays planned I started to say no, since my career change those big vacations feel like they will be far in the future.  We are adjusting to the new budget that we have and big holidays will have to wait.  While I was feeling some envy about her exciting trip I know that we have made the right decision.  The truth is that our family does have a “vacation” coming up.  I told her how excited I was to be going to stay in a hotel in Spruce Grove to watch Ed and Adam’s hockey team play hockey.  The 5th and 6th of March we get to go and stay in a hotel with a pool and eat out and watch a bit of hockey.  Our team has a great set of parents and I am really looking forward to it.

It may not be Hawaii and I guess it is all in how you choose to look at things isn’t it.  I choose to be excited about our get away and I know that we will have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment