Monday, February 1, 2010

Cinnamon Buns and Kids say the Funniest Things

I made these Cinnamon buns on Sunday. It was fun but a lot of work, there are lots of steps and the end of the result was good. I am not sold on them as they are really sweet but they are a good place to start and I can adjust this recipe to make it work for me. I think I will half it next time, skip the icing and use brown sugar in the filling and put some whole wheat flour in.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond

I was telling my mom about this recipe and how the kids said they were a bit sweet. She reminded me that when I was growing up that us kids all would tell her that my Grandma's were always the best buns, even if mom's were exactly the same as Grandma's. So I asked the kids who made better cinnamon buns me or Grandma, the little traitors said that Grandma's were better. Oh well, I thought mom's were better too.

So tonight Isla was in the room when I was changing my shirt. She came up to me after and put her hands on my breasts and announced that they were big. Pardon me? She repeated "they are big and all mom's have big boobs. But then they get lower" "What do you mean they get lower?" I said. She replied, "Well they kind of go flat on your tummy." "oh" I said. What could I say, out of the mouth of babes. Not very flattering but really sells the benefits of a good bra. With kids you need to learn to laugh at yourself otherwise you may cry, tonight I had a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment