Saturday, February 13, 2010

Empanadas

I found another recipe that we all loved. This one takes a while but makes lots. We all love tacos and chili and this is in the same flavour family but calls for smoked paprika that is delicious and chipotle powder that was also really good. Adam took them for lunch and it felt like he had a "pizza pocket". But these are much better! I was able to get a few in the freezer before they were all gone.


Empanadas Blog Disney Family.com

Don't you love her writing! I found Catherine Newman when I was pregnant with Isla and have been reading her ever since. Ed even bought her book for me!

Adam came home from school with a fever yesterday. Poor guy, he doesn't have a fever today but his nose is running so much and he is just feeling awful. So Ed went to hockey without Adam to coach the team and everyone was asking after him so Ed told them all that he got traded. Ha ha!

Last night I was at the Vagina monologues. It was great! I went to see a friend that was in it and went with some of the ladies that I worked with at CCS. I laughed so hard and then in the next moment I was crying. I would recommend it to all women, there were a few men there but they were definitely outnumbered.

So we are turning in to Olympic junkies already! When I got the tickets for last night's Vagina Monologues I didn't realize it was the same night as the opening ceremonies so I missed out but I am hoping that I will be able to see it on a replay. Ed thought it was wonderful and his highlight was the poet that read "We are more". We are saddened by the death of the Georgian athlete and have talked about its impact a lot. Hard decisions for the organizers, a black cloud over the athletes and the poor family and friends of that young man. We just can't believe that they have been replaying the accident please stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment