Sunday, February 7, 2010

Busy Break



The kids and I were off for Teachers convention and managed to keep ourselves very busy. We had lots of fun with friends, tobogganing, skating (well we tried but they had just flooded the ice and it was slushy) swimming at the Collicut, hockey, dance, some more hockey. It was nice to be off with them and I think that they had a good break and will be ready to get back at it again tomorrow.

I was able to do some baking as well, some cookies, banana bread, bread. Today I made my mom's recipe for buns. I had never attempted it and they actually turned out really well. I am impressed with myself and will do it again. I alos made granola as we all like yogurt and granola for breakfast. Then I did ham and scalloped potatoes for supper, I would really love it if the clean up fairy would come and help but he seems to be glued to the couch watching football.

We finally got the pictures hung up in our house. It took a little while to figure out where to put them as we did a bit of changing things around. I developed some pictures and created a photo wall in the living room and I really love how they turned out. I picked up a new set at HomeSense this weekend as well. Still some work to do as I am not sure about the "China" cabinets but I will keep working on it. Here are a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment