Thursday, December 30, 2010

Great Grandma

Our first stop on our trip to Saskatchewan was a stop in to see my Grandma.  Can you believe that she is 94?  She is still in her own, in a seniors lodge but she still cooks for herself etc.  Amazing!

IMG_4821

We stayed overnight in Rosetown and then went to her place on Christmas Eve morning. 

IMG_4822

She loves to go to Dairy Queen!  So we try to take her there when we go, she has a cheeseburger with no mustard and a coffee.  But really her motivation for going there is ice cream. For as long as I can remember her and my Grandpa were crazy for ice cream.  They would eat it whenever they get the chance. It felt weird to be eating an ice cream on Christmas Eve but it sure didn’t stop the kids!

IMG_4823

She had little baggies of toonies for each of the kids.  They thought that it was very cool to have their own money.  I brought her some peppermint patties and some almonds, I hope that she enjoys them.

No comments:

Post a Comment