Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gingerbread Cookies

These cookies were so good!  This is the second year that I have made them for Christmas and they were a big hit. 

IMG_4816

I had some help cutting them out.

IMG_4817

But it didn’t last long!

IMG_4820

I outlined the cookies and then asked the kids to help me put the candies on.  I thought they would be all over that.  But I guess I let them eat too many candies as they could not sit still!

IMG_4819

They each did a couple of cookies and then they were off leaving me to do the rest.  Oh well! 

Here is the recipe.  I got a photo copy of it from one of Isla’s teachers.  It looks like it came from the Company’s Coming for Christmas recipe book.

Gingerbread Figures

1/2 cup Butter or Hard Margarine softened

1/2 cup Granulated sugar

1/2 cup Fancy Molasses

1 Egg yolk (large)

2 cups All purpose Flour

1/2 tsp Baking powder

1/2 tsp Baking soda

1 tsp Ground cinnamon

1 tsp Ground ginger

1/2 tsp Ground cloves (I didn’t have cloves so I used allspice)

1/4 tsp Ground cloves

1/4 tsp Salt

Cream butter, sugar, molasses and egg yolk together until light.

Add next 8 ingredients.  Mix well.  Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour.  Roll out.  Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.  Arrange on baking sheet.  Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.  Cool.  (I only put mine in for 9 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment