Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Growing Things

I love to garden!  Every year I do a little bit more in our yard and I love every minute of it.  I take after my mother, which is cool. 

I have been meaning to plant some bulbs but it hadn't happened until last fall.  I picked up some daffodils and tulips at Costco.  They were huge bags and I felt like a planted a lot and still had some leftover that I gave to my mom.  She was happy to get them and put them in to the ground. 

This spring I was anxious to watch them grow and have some spring flowers.  In my little bed by the garage I have them coming up nicely.



I know that I planted a bunch more, but do you think that I can remember where?  I am  a bit embarrased that I can't remember, it never occured to me in the fall that I should mark them, that my memory would fail me this way.  I have been watering and checking out all of my beds hoping for the appearance of the daffodils and tulips. 

This is the growth in the last couple of days.


When we were at my parents on Sunday for supper, we were checking out my mom's plants.  She said, "I know that I planted some bulbs this fall, but I can not remember where I planted them.  I really should have labeled them."

  It was comforting (I think) that both of us can't remember where we planted them!  I hope they make an appearance soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment