Saturday, April 10, 2010

Birthday!

On Monday Ed and I were discussing what he should get me for my birthday, I had heard that the Bare Naked Ladies were coming in concert.  We love the Bare Naked Ladies and we saw them once before in concert and it was so much fun.  They have a great stage show and we have a bunch of their albums.  So Ed looked to see when they were coming and they were going to be in Calgary on my birthday.  A quick call to my mom and dad to see if they would keep the kids overnight and Ed booked us some tickets.

On Thursday afternoon we left for the concert with what we thought were wind warnings.  I had put on a pair of white pants and wore sandals.  This is what we drove through!

This is what we are driving through!  Just about there though.

 

At this point we started to think about maybe staying the night in Calgary but the forecast said the snow was going to stop by 8pm and I thought we could drive home after the concert. 

Off to supper we went to the Red Lobster.  We had seen a few of their commercials and both Ed and I had commented on how good it all looked.  And it was good, but maybe not quite as good as the commercials make you think it should be.  The waitress said to me, “It wasn’t snowing when you put those shoes on was it!”  While we ate supper it was really snowing and blowing and we decided that we should go and buy a toothbrush in case we did have to stay overnight.  It was feeling like a bit of an adventure already!

When we arrived at the concert we called mom and dad to check in and to say were thinking that we would stay over night.  Mom said it was a full blizzard there and we should not even think about coming home.  I guess our decision was made.

The concert was awesome.  We had no idea where are seats were and we ended up being 8 rows from the front of the stage!  Incredible seats!  We could see them all so well what a great experience!

We had a bit of a hiccup when leaving the concert and got a bit turned around.  Don’t ask, it was one of those marriage moments that nobody needs to hear about. We finally found a hotel checked in to the hotel with no luggage, a first for me, and it was fun! 

Thank goodness that the kids were already staying the night with my mom and dad, it made us staying overnight a lot easier!  They had shut down the highway a different times and there was a 50 car pile up near Olds.  When we came home the roads were clear and mostly dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment