Tuesday, September 14, 2010


Guess who started Highland Dancing again?

Me!

I started last night and had such a wonderful time.  Isla is starting this year and they also offered an adult class, so I decided what the heck.  It will be a great way to get in to shape and have some fun.  It is funny I have not danced in 20 years, the last time I danced was at my Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary, but it sure didn't feel that long ago.  I found my old shoes that have not been on my feet in 20 years and away I went.  It is so neat to be in a dance studio again, being able to talk that language again, to have something in common with people.  It was so much fun, I may even enter a competition in June.  The Red Deer Highland Games are at the end of June and I may just enter, kind of like my 40th birthday present to myself.  So now I just have to make sure that my body will cooperate and let me.  I have to admit that today I am a wee bit sore, but I am hoping that that will get better instead of worse!

I am really excited for Isla as well, she starts dance tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment