Friday, June 11, 2010

The Terrible Christian Store

IMG_3894

It was a pirate theme day at Adam’s school today.  Doesn’t he look cute!  He got his picture taken for having one of the best costumes and he was tickled pink.  I think that it was the stubble.

This weekend we are having two church celebrations, our niece Kelsey is being confirmed on Saturday so we are off to Calgary to see Ed’s family.  His mom and dad will be there and it will be great to spend the day with them all.  Then on Sunday our nephew Matthew is taking first communions so we will spend Sunday in Leduc with my family. 

With all of these celebrations we needed to do some gift shopping.  Last Sunday we had gone out for ice cream to the little Ice Cream Shoppe and as we were leaving I said to Ed, “We should go out to Scott’s Parable Christian Store to get some gifts.”  Adam pipes up from the back of the van,”Did you say the Terrible Christian Store?”  Well Ed and I burst out laughing and I don’t think that we have stopped since.  It ended up being closed and we finally made it out there on Wednesday, and of course we all laughed about going to the Terrible Christian Store the whole way there.  So much so that I gave the kids a stern warning that I did not want to hear anything about the Terrible Christians when we were in the store.  I was very thankful that they listened to me (this time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment