Friday, October 29, 2010

What a week!

This house is vibrating from the excitement of Halloween!

This week has been such a busy one.  Monday I spent the morning at the school counting our spell a thon money.  Isla was a bit bored so this is what she did to keep her self occupied!

 

Adam has been the star of the week for his class at school and has had show and tell everyday this week.  His teacher told me that he is doing really well.  He told me he was nervous!  Today, I am going to take the keyboard over to the school so that he can play a couple of songs for his class.  He is nervous about one of his songs, he is going to play Turkey in the Straw.  There is one tricky bar in there that sometimes trips him up.  I hope it goes well.

On Tuesday’s Adam has music from 4-5 and then we were off to the Collicut for a hockey practice from 6-7.  Ed and Isla met us at the Collicut and brought supper for Adam and I and then Adam got to go and play Hockey.  I made soup that Ed brought over in our thermos’s and it was really good. 

Isla and I went on a field trip to the Firehall on Wed.  It was really cool to see what it was like inside and get a tour of the fire truck.  The funny part was that the kids were the most excited about riding in the school bus!

IMG00040-20101027-1425

She was very excited!

Wednesday night Isla has dance both Tap and HIghland.  It was watching day at Tap this week and I can’t believe how much they have learned.  She is doing so well, and having a great time!

Wednesday Adam also had his first meeting in preparation for first reconciliation.  Now I am not the Catholic one in this family so it is a mystery to me what this is all about but him and his dad have been working on a workbook and went to the meeting together on Wed.  I guess I will learn as we go along!  I think maybe I should be doing the workbook.

Thursday was hot lunch at the school.  It was Panago pizza and the first time they had ever done a hot lunch.  They showed up with boxes of big pizzas not individually boxed.  What a nightmare!  But it got done!  Adam’s class was one of the last ones to get done and I popped in to see him.  He said “Mom it took a long time for our pizza to get here but it was worth the wait!"  It was more work and crazyness than usual but the kids all got fed and they were happy.  Really all that matters!

Today, school is all about Halloween!  I get to help out in the kindergarten class this afternoon for their party and Adam gets to dress up in the afternoon.  There is going to be an assembly to distribute all of the spellathon prizes this afternoon as well.  Whew, I am sure that there will be a lot of energy at school today.

Tomorrow Isla and I have dance pictures.  I am so excited, Isla will get to wear a kilt.  My mom hemmed one of my old kilts and it fits her perfectly, then Grandma made a “blouse” for her to wear under her vest.  I am so thrilled!  I will post pictures soon.  I get to have my picture taken as well so that should be fun!  While we are at dance pictures Adam and Ed will be playing hockey. 

I am trying to embrace the crazy that is our life these days but wow this was a wild one!  I think that we have survived and there was only one night that we had take out food.  By tomorrow night I think I will need a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment