Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hockey Tournament

 

I prayed a lot that we would all be feeling good for the Hockey Tournament.  Who wants to be in a hotel room when they are sick and my prayers were answered.  It was lots of fun but I forgot what it was like to have all of us sleeping in the same room.  None of us slept very well on Friday night.  The kids had caught a nap in the van on the way up and they did not go to sleep until after 10 and we put them to bed about 8pm.  A lot of tossing and turning, going to the washroom and popping up and saying “what was that noise?” 

Saturday was lots of hockey and swimming and we were all extremely tired and slept really hard.  My brother and Ian came for a visit on Saturday, and it was great to see them.  Cameron looked after Ian all day, it was great to see them together like that!  I have never seen a 10 year old boy eat a plate of Nachos that big!  I was worried that they were going to start coming out of his nose but he managed to eat them all!  Amazing to watch.

On Sunday we got to see the rest of my sister’s family.  They were in a hockey tournament as well but came to watch Adam in the afternoon game.  Unfortunately it was very onesided for the other team.  Actually 3 out of the 4 games was very onesided for the other team.  Oh well, I know that when I asked Adam what his favourite part of the weekend was he will saying it was seeing Ian and Matthew and swimming.

Isla had a good time as well.  She started to really swim!  Even a 4 year old’s version of the front crawl.  I was really proud of her!

Isla’s birthday is right around the corner!  Got the cupcakes made now we just have to decorate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment