Monday, January 10, 2011

Sushi

Isla got her dad a sushi making kit that we found at Chapters.  So over the holidays we decided to try it out.  Lots of fun. 

IMG_4883

Ed even went and spent some of his Christmas money on a rice cooker that worked splendidly.   But do you think that I can remember to use it myself for an everyday meal.  I have made rice a couple of times and keep using the microwave, and each time I get in to trouble from Ed,  “Why didn’t you use the rice maker?”  Next time for sure!

We had smoked salmon, shrimp and crab with cucumbers and avocado for our sushi.

IMG_4884

We all thought they were good but there is a bit of room for improvement.  Somehow the rice was a bit vinegary tasting so next time we will try something a bit different.

See Adam’s Lego on the table.  While Ed and Isla went all over the city looking for sushi supplies and Adam and I built his Star Wars Lego he got for Christmas.  I had a great time and he is getting so good at following the instructions.

IMG_4885

Look at this roll.  Not quite right but lots of fun.  Can you tell that Adam got some pop, man, that kid can not keep his face clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment